1 lb Spaghetti
1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
8 oz. Guanciale, cut into a small dice
3 Large Eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup Freshly Grated Smoky Pecornio, plus more for serving
1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
5 Large Egg Yolks
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
2. Cook pasta per package instructions
3. While pasta is cooking, mix 3 large room temperature eggs, cheese, and fresh cracked pepper together in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
4. Add olive oil to pan and when hot, add guanciale to pan
5. Cook until just crisp
6. Remove pan from heat and set aside
7. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water
8. Over low heat, add the cooked pasta to the pan with the guanciale, and toss to combine.
9. Slowly add in the egg and cheese mixture in a steady stream. Make sure your pan isn’t too hot. You can either turn the heat off, or hold the pan slightly above the burner. The residual heat from the pan will be enough to cook the eggs.
10. Working quickly, toss everything together
11. Top with egg yolks and serve immediately with extra smoky pecorino and cracked pepper