This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every weekend!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- White asparagus, thinly peeled
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced `
- 1 leek, thinly sliced white part only
- 4 stalks scallions, sliced dark green part only (keep the white part for garnish)
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon white miso, (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 1/ 2 ounces 100g young green asparagus
- 5 1/ 3 ounce 150g white asparagus
- 1/ 2 small cauliflower
- 3 1/ 2 ounce 100g peas
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- Dill and chopped scallions for topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/ 4 teaspoon sea salt
Peel the white asparagus and cut off the ends. Keep the peels aside.
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add garlic, onion, leek and scallions. Cook for 5 minutes. Add asparagus peel and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Pour 2 L water into the saucepan, add celery stalk, carrot and parsley sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer covered for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, combine the ingredients for the pistou in a small bowl. Set aside. Cut the white and green asparagus in 3 cm long pieces. Cut the cauliflower in small florets.
Strain the broth in an other saucepan, then add the asparagus, cauliflower and peas to the broth. Bring to a boil, add miso and soy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with radishes, pistou, lots of dill and scallions. Enjoy!