- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 11/2 tablespoons “no chicken” bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, (optional if needed)
Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place butternut squash chunks and diced red pepper onto the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
Nest, in a large pot over medium heat, add oil then saute garlic and onions for 5-6 minutes.
Meanwhile, drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. Place soaked cashews in a blender with 2 cups of water. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed or until completely smooth. Then add roasted butternut squash, red bell pepper, sautéed garlic, and onions to the cashew milk and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
To the now empty pot, add 3 cups water. Whisk in the bouillon paste until dissolved. Add tomato sauce and the cashew-butternut squash mixture. Stir to combine. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Enjoy as is or with a vegan grilled cheese!