- 31/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 11/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 11/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 11/8 cups room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup White Miso
- 11/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, or dark brown sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 pinch Toasted Black Sesame Seeds
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, miso and sugars until the mixture appears a pale brown in color. Then crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla. Beat until the eggs are completely incorporated. In 2 batches, add the flour mixture, beating just until the flour is fully incorporated. Pour in the dark chocolate chips and mix once more for a few seconds.
Divide the batter into 3 equal amounts, roughly. Put each divided amount onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape into cookie dough logs. Let the cookie dough logs rest in the fridge overnight.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Cut the cookie dough log into 1/2-inch slices and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches of space when placing the cookie slices on sheet pans. Bake cookies for about 10-14 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown. Enjoy!