"This curry is GOLD! It’s creamy, savory, warm and cozy, everything you’d want right now with all the crazy happening around the world. You can whip this curry up in less than 15 min! All you have to do is chop up the veggies, stir everything together and bring it to a simmer. Dinner is ready to serve in less than 20-25 minutes!"
Butter Chickpea Curry
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 25mins
Serves or Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/ 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can can coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 small butter potatoes, peeled and medium diced
- pinch to taste Kosher salt
- pinch to taste black pepper
In a large pot, melt butter on medium-low heat. Add the diced onion and sweat the onion until slightly translucent. As butter burns easy, make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent any onion from burning.
Add the garlic, ginger and chickpeas and diced potatoes. Sauté for a few minutes or until fragrant, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the garam masala, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and chili flakes and sugar. Let everything cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally
To the pot, add the canned tomato, coconut milk and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm over cooked long grain rice with a slice of naan bread. Enjoy!