My homeland inspired, Quinoa, and Brown Rice Salad with Black Olives and fresh Coconut. Served with pan-seared Cod seasoned with Cilantro-Garlic Chutney.
The grains, buttery olives, crunch of fresh coconut, and juicy pomegranate pearls complement the pan-seared cod so well 😋. My In-laws stopped by the other day when I made this for dinner. They loved the creaminess from the beans and the coconut was a hit with them.
Calories 329 per serving
- 1 package (8.5-ounce) @seedsofchange Quinoa & Brown rice with Garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced @pearls_olives black medium olives
- 1 can (15.5-ounce) Butter beans
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pomegranate pearls
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Heat Quinoa and brown rice with 2 tbsp water and butter beans on low heat until heated thoroughly.
2. Transfer the grains and beans into a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss it until well combined.
3. Serve it with cilantro chutney Cod fillet
- 1 Cod fillet cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro-Garlic Chutney
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pat dry the cod fillet with a paper towel. Season the fillets on both sides with chutney.
2. Place the seasoned fillets in the skillet and cook until golden brown. Gently, flip the cod over and cook until completely cooked through.
Cilantro-Garlic chutney recipe link in my bio.
@pearls_olives @thefeedfeed #feedfeed #contest #DreamOlive @southafricahalaal