This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Tofu soaks up any flavor you give it, making it the best vehicle for all your favorite sauces! We'r ecurrently loving this Thai basil-chili combo, creating a slightly spicy sauce for an easy vegan dinner. You can pair this with whatever grain you like best for a delicious meal!
Hungry for more tofu? Try this Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry!
- 1 (16 ounce) block firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped red jalapeño
- 1/ 2 cup packed Thai basil
- Neutral oil
- Salt, to taste
- Rice, or other grain of choice
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick pan. Fry tofu cubes until lightly brown on all sides by flipping occasionally, then season with a pinch of salt. Transfer tofu to a bowl and let cool.
Using the same pan, add another teaspoon of oil. Sauté ginger, then garlic until fragrant and add in chopped red jalapeño. Add in tofu, sauce then basil and toss them quickly using a spatula until all tofu is coated with sauce. Season accordingly if needed.
Serve warm with your favorite grain.
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/ 2 tablespoon stir fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or sugar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cornstarch
To Make the Sauce
Whisk all ingredients together with 3/4 cup water until well combined.