- 1/ 2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) block tempeh, broken by hand into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, or potato starch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper, To Taste
- Garlic powder, To Taste
- 4 burger buns
- Ketchup, for topping
- Mustard, for topping
- Avocado mayonnaise, for topping
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion until translucent, then remove from heat.
Mix everything together in a food processor, except for the starch and flour.
Place the mixture in a bowl, thoroughly combine the starch and flour, then shape into patties.
Cook them in the oven at 400ºF for about 20-25 minutes (flipping halfway through) or in a non stick pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side.