This elegant Nadia Platter from Room & Board was perfect for serving this easy summer niçoise salad. Bursting with fresh, seasonal flavor from haricot verts, cherry tomatoes and black olives, this easy entertaining dish is the perfect option for a last-minute get together. Dressed in a simple Dijon vinaigrette and finished with a seared tuna steak encrusted in everything bagel seasoning, this salad is a surefire crowdpleaser at your next dinner party.
Click the recipe button below to watch how we put it together!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 pound haricot verts, blanched
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (6-oz) sushi grade tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup Everything Bagel seasoning
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled
- 3 radishes, sliced thin on a mandolin
In a medium bowl, whisk Dijon, sherry vinegar, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil while whisking. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, dress potatoes with ⅓ of the prepared dressing. In a separate medium bowl, dress haricot vert with ⅓ of prepared dressing.
Heat olive oil over medium heat on medium cast iron skillet. Season tuna steaks with everything seasoning and sear to desired doneness, anywhere from 3-5 minutes per side.
On a platter, arrange lettuce leaves and drizzle remaining dressing. Top with cherry tomatoes, olives potatoes, haricot vert, soft-boiled eggs, radish slices, and sliced tuna steaks. Serve immediately.