For the Maple Glaze:
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 garlic, grated
- 1 (1-inch) knob fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded and sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel, cored and sliced, fronds removed
- 2 cups red grapes
- 4-6 (about 4 pounds) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
To make the maple glaze:
In a medium bowl, whisk all the maple glaze ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
Generously season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Arrange squash, fennel, and grapes on a baking sheet. Toss with half of the maple glaze. Place chicken thighs on top of squash mixture and brush thighs with the remaining maple glaze.
Bake until chicken thighs register 165˚F and squash and fennel is golden brown, about 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
Garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve immediately.