This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Take your weeknight dinner game to the next level with a simple, one-pan chicken dish that the whole family will love! A tasty Vermont maple syrup glaze gives you that signature crispy skin and the veggies are covered in sweet, hearty flavor.
For the Maple Glaze:
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 medium clove garlic, grated
- 1 (1-inch) knob grated and peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded and sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel, cored and sliced, fronds removed
- 2 cups de-vined red grapes
- 4-6 (about 4 pounds) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Make the maple glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients and set aside.
Arrange squash, fennel, and grapes on a baking sheet. Toss with half of maple glaze. Place chicken thighs on top of squash mixture and brush thighs with remaining h maple glaze. Bake until chicken thighs register 165˚F and squash and fennel are golden brown, about 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve immediately.