For the Marinated Feta
- 16 ounces Greek feta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 strips lemon zest, plus juice of one lemon
- 4 dried chilis
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 3/ 4 cups olive oil
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed and cut into batons
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 1 large english cucumber, cut into oblong batons
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned and halved
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 assorted olives
- 1 (12 ounce) pack Pita Chips, for serving
To a quart sized mason jar add feta, lemon zest and juice, chiles, thyme, oregano, bay leaves and black peppercorns. Add olive to the jar, then seal with lid and shake to evenly distribute the aromatics. Let sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours before serving. Allow feta to come to room temperature before serving.
To serve, add feta to a bowl and place on a platter. Adorn with celery, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, roasted red peppers, olives and pita and serve.
Leftover feta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Remaining oil can be used in marinades and dressings.