Looking for ways to squeeze every drop from your pantry and fridge? Look no further! This recipe uses aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas), as a vegan substitute for egg whites. It creates a beautifully fluffy chocolate mousse, with no trace of taste from the liquid. Give this recipe a try and you'll wonder why you hadn't before!
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, liquid drained and reserved
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 6 ounces vegan dark chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- strawberries, for garnish
- mint, for garnish
In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the liquid from the chickpeas (aquafaba) into the bowl. Whip on medium high speed until medium stiff peaks form, or 12-15 minutes.
Add maple syrup, vanilla, salt and whip until combined.
Add the coconut cream and chocolate, and gently fold with a spatula until well combined.
Pour into 2 small jars and chill in refrigerator for 3-6 hours. Top with sliced strawberries and mint.