- 1 (16 ounce) BelGioioso Freshly Sliced Mozzarella Cheese Log
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/ 2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/ 2 cup BelGioioso Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large chicken breasts, split in half lengthways
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 cups marinara
- 2 campari or other tomatoes, sliced
- Optional garnish: Fresh oregano, basil and cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to Broil. Season BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella with oregano, basil and red pepper flakes and drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil. Set aside to marinate.
In a shallow bowl, whisk almond flour and BelGioioso Grated Parmesan with a fork to combine. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then dip in egg mixture followed by a dredge in almond flour cheese mixture.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet to medium-high and add remaining olive oil. Shallow fry the chicken cutlets fry for 2-3 minutes per side and remove chicken. Add marinara to skillet and place the chicken on top, followed by the marinated BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella slices.
Broil for 5 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling and chicken registers 165˚F when using a thermometer. Remove skillet from oven and top with fresh tomato slices, followed by fresh oregano and cracked pepper. Serve immediately.