"Santa Fe Salad” with mixed greens, black beans, corn, dates, tofu feta, crispy fried onions, and Cajun tofu cubes with cilantro lime dressing....definitely a contender for fav salad ever. So great for large parties and really good as leftovers too. Try it this week!!! To make: fill your biggest salad bowl with mixed greens.
For the Dressing
- 3/ 4 cup cashews
- 3/ 4 cup water
- full handful of cilantro (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Tofu
- 1 (10-ounce) package firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 6 packed cups mixed greens
- 1 1/ 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- fried onions, for garnish
- vegan feta, for garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
In a high powered blender, add all ingredients for the dressing. Blend on high until completely homogenous, about 2 minutes. Pour into a small container and reserve.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the tofu and cajun spices. Gently toss to coat.
Next, preheat a medium skillet on medium high. Add oil and once hot, add in the tofu cubes. Sear on all sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet into a heat proof bowl and set aside.
To assemble the salad, add mixed greens, corn, black beans and dates. Top with half of the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with tofu, fried onions, vegan feta and lime wedges. Drizzle on additional dressing, if needed. Enjoy!