- 1 tablespoon dried wakame seaweed
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced on a mandoline or with a sharp knife
- 1/ 8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/ 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (14-ounce) block soft or silken tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Soak dried wakame in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. The wakame will expand a lot.
In a small bowl, toss the cucumber slices with salt and set aside for 10 minutes. The salt will draw water out from the cucumbers as they sit.
In a separate small bowl, mix together green onions, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
Drain the water that was released from the cucumbers. Take a handful of cucumber slices and gently squeeze out excess water. Repeat for all the cucumber slices.
Once the wakame has expanded, drain the water out of the bowl. Take a handful of wakame pieces and squeeze out excess water. Repeat for all of the wakame.
Place cucumber slices on the bottom of a shallow bowl. Top with tofu and wakame and pour green onion dressing all over. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and gently mix.