Recipe Intro From feedfeed
This recipe was featured in our Gluten Free Weekly Meal Plan Newsletter - Looking for dinner ideas? Sign up here!
2 cups of brown rice
2 cups of canned tomatoes (homemade) or fresh pureed tomatoes
3 tbsp of tomato paste
1 cup of water (or more)
1 can of chickpeas
1 ½ cups of cauliflower
4-5 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of onion powder or ¼ of a cup of diced onions
1 tbsp of freshly grounded fennel seeds
2 tsp of freshly grounded coriander seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
A dash of nutmeg
4 tsp of cumin
A dash of cayenne pepper or more
2-3 tsp of pink salt or to taste
3 tbsp of fresh squeezed orange juice
A sprinkle of pistachios, black sesame seeds, and cilantro.
1) Soak brown rice overnight and the following day rinse and set aside for 4 hours or so. (Optional)
2) Add your canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water, garlic, onion, and seasonings into a blender, process until smooth.
3) On your pot add your rice and cinnamon sticks, sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
4) Add your processed liquids onto the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Then add your canned chickpeas and cauliflower and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes. Make sure to check on it because you don’t want it to burn. If you need a bit more water just add more. and cook for longer. Depends how watery or thick you want.
6) Once done let it cool down take cinnamon sticks out and add your orange juice. (Mix well)
7) When ready to serve just top it with pistachios, black sesame seeds, and cilantro. Makes 6 medium servings of rice. Enjoy.