- 1/ 3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/ 4 cup sugar
- 1/ 3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/ 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 cup berries
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F .Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups and spray the liners with baking spray.
Slightly mash strawberries in a large bowl. Using a fork, stir in the sugar and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the juices to release. After 15 minutes, stir in oil and eggs until well combined.
Stir in other ingredients until a batter forms.
Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with extra berries and coarse sugar. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.