We love this method of skewering salmon and veggies before grilling. Cutting the veggies into 1-inch pieces means they cook quickly. The smoky harissa barbecue sauce is our new favorite for summertime.
For the Harissa Sauce
- 1 cup harissa
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Skewers
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
To make the sauce: place all sauce ingredients in saucepan over medium heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
To assemble the skewers: soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20 minutes. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium high. Add chunks of salmon and vegetables onto the skewers. Brush each assembled skewer with the homemade sauce.
Grill on the barbecue until the chicken is fully cooked through, about 10 minutes total, turning a few times while cooking.