"Tempeh and kale sandwich with chili coleslaw."
Tempeh And Kale Sandwich With Chili Coleslaw
A Note from Feedfeed
Prep time 15mins
Serves or Makes: Makes 4 sandwiches
For the Tempeh Sandwiches
- 8 ounces tempeh, marinated and fried
- 1/ 2 bunch kale
- 1/ 2 medium red onion
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 1/ 2 medium cucumber
- 1 avocado
- Chili sauce
- 8 slices sourdough rye bread
For the Coleslaw
- 1/ 2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegan sandwich spread
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1/ 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, carrots, fennel and chili pepper. Set aside.
In a jar, add soy yogurt, vegan sandwich spread (vegan mayonnaise), lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Shake well to combine. Toss with the coleslaw and set aside for 10 minutes.
Assemble the remaining sandwich ingredients and top with coleslaw and dressing.