- 1 medium cauliflower
- 11/2 tablespoons harissa pasta, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 shallots, finely chopped and divided
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped and divided
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 ounce flaked almonds
- 1 small head of broccoli, cuts into florets
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- juice of half lemon
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine 1 tablespoon of the harissa paste, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, all of the onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper – brush over cauliflower. Place cauliflower on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add half of the chopped shallots and half of the finely chopped garlic cloves and cook until soft and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the remaining harissa paste and the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 90 seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and reduce the heat to low. When the contents come to a simmer, blend to a smooth sauce using a stick blender. Leave the sauce on low heat until ready to serve.
Toast flaked almonds in a dry frying pan over medium heat, until they are golden and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the broccoli and stir fry for 3 minutes. Carefully add 2 tablespoons of water and cover for 2 minutes. Remove the lid and stir the broccoli until all the water has evaporated and the broccoli is tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the remaining garlic, shallots and chilies and cook for around 2 minutes until soft. Add the cooked lentils and fry for 8 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water if the lentils stick to the bottom of the pan. Stir in almonds, broccoli, capers and lemon juice.
Plate lentils on the bottom of a large plate, place the roasted harissa cauliflower on top and serve with sauce over the top.