This salad is filled with thinly sliced apples, crunchy veg, nuts and dressed up in a bright and citrusy vinaigrette! You can skip the feta to keep this vegan, or add some protein like grilled chicken to give this salad a little more umph!
Looking for more ways to use up your fall apples? Check out 12 of our favorite apple recipes here.
For the Salad
- 1 (5 ounce) box tender salad greens⠀
- 1 green apple, very thinly sliced⠀
- 1 small bulb of fennel, shaved thin
- 1/ 4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Salad Dressing
- 2 1/ 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper⠀
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey ⠀
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup walnuts
- 1/ 2 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Fresh parsley
Place tender salad greens in a large serving bowl and set aside. ⠀
Thinly sliced the apple, shave the fennel, and thinly slice the red onion. Add them all to a medium sized bowl & toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prevent browning + add some zip.⠀
In a small jar or bowl combine remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt, maple syrup or honey, & parsley. Shake or whisk together until well combined. Taste and adjust salt / maple syrup / honey if desired.
When ready to serve, top salad greens with apples, fennel, & red onion. Toss salad with dressing & finish with toasted walnuts, feta cheese, & extra parsley.
Serve immediately & enjoy! ⠀