- 4 cups cooked farro (or brown rice for gluten-free), prepped to be al dente in well-salted water
- 1 large peeled, cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/ 4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for roasting
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil, plus more for roasting
- 1/ 3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
Spread the pecans in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F until golden, about 10 minutes. remove and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 425F, and toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 min.
Add ½ cup toasted pecans to a food processor with garlic, lemon, spinach, rosemary, parmesan, salt, and olive oil. Blend until mostly smooth.
Roughly chop the remaining ½ cup pecans. in a large bowl, toss together the cooked farro and pesto. Gently stir in roasted sweet potato, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans.
Chill in the refrigerator until serving.