- 2 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/ 2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 ounce blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/ 4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili flakes, plus more for serving
- Salt, to taste
- 10 ounces dried short pasta
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Vegan parmesan cheese, to top
Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Reserve about one cup of pasta water before draining.
In a blender, combine the red peppers, basil, almonds, tahini, olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Blend until creamy, but some texture remains.
Add the sauce to the drained pasta and mix in the pasta water slowly until the pasta sauce is creamy. Top with vegan parmesan, basil leaves, and chili flakes to serve.