- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack placed in the center of the oven.
In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne pepper, oil, and lemon juice. Set aside about 3 teaspoons of the mixture.
Take remaining spice mixture and rub it liberally all over the chicken. Let it sit as you prepare the broccoli rice (this can be done the day before, just let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator).
Place the broccoli stems in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until chopped, then add the florets and continue to pulse until the broccoli is the texture reminiscent of rice. Add about 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture and pulse one more time to combine. Transfer the broccoli rice to a sheet pan.
Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the remaining two teaspoons of spice mixture and add to the sheet pan.
Place the chicken in the sheet pan and arrange the broccoli rice and sweet potatoes around the chicken. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is golden with an internal temperature of 165°F, the sweet potatoes are fork tender, and the broccoli rice is lightly toasted.