- 2 teaspoons neutral oil
- 1 medium white onion, choppped
- 3 cloves garlic, choppped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/ 3 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/ 2 tabelspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 gluten free lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/ 2 small lemon, seeded and juiced
- 1/ 2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tabelspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup fresh spinach
Heat a large pot with oil over medium heat and cook the onion until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, lentils, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, stirring frequently until the soup comes to a boil.
Add the lasagna noodles and cook until tender, 7-8 minutes. Add the lemon juice, dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast, and spinach, stirring constantly until combined. Remove the pot from the heat.
Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Divide into soup bowls and serve, garnishing whatever toppings you have on hand.