- 1/ 2 lb ground beef
- 1/ 4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can of Red Gold Canned Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 can of Tomato Love Medium Diced Tomatoes & 2X More Chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/ 2 tablespoon neutral oil
- Chopped green onions, for toppings
- Diced avocado, for toppings
- Sour cream, for toppings
- Cilantro, for garnish
In a pan heat oil on medium, saute onion until translucent then add the ground beef, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the ground beef is brown.
Mix in one can of Red Gold Petite Tomatoes and ½ of the Red Gold Tomato Love Medium Diced Tomatoes + 2X More Chilies (drained) into the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F
In a 1-quart oven safe dish, layer the bottom with half of the meat and tomato mixture, next layer in monterey jack cheese, followed by the remaining ground beef and tomato mixture, top the final layer with white cheddar cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Safely remove from the oven and top with the remaining ½ a can of Red Gold Tomato Love Medium Diced Tomatoes + 2X More Chilies, and then chopped green onions, diced avocado, sour cream or cilantro to taste.