Portobello Steaks are delicious served as a vegan main dish, sandwiched between your favorite burger buns, or slice and tossed in pasta! This recipe is featured in our free weekly meal plan. This edition is sponsored by our friends at Filippo Berio Olive Oil and features a wide range of recipes all made with heart-healthy and flavorful olive oil!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/ 4 cup Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons red or white miso paste
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsely
Remove stems from mushrooms. Using a spoon, scrape out and remove dark brown gills; discard gills. Whisk together vinegar, oil, miso paste, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and chili flakes; brush over mushrooms. Transfer to resealable plastic bag and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill mushrooms for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until grill-marked and tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.