Load up on your greens and make this delicious vegan broccoli salad! It’s full of hearty vegetables, edamame, tofu and dressed in a delicious satay peanut dressing!! This recipe is featured in our free weekly meal plan. This edition is sponsored by our friends at Filippo Berio Olive Oil and features a wide range of recipes all made with heart-healthy and flavorful olive oil!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped broccoli stems
- 2 carrots, sliced on a bias
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Steam broccoli florets, broccoli stems and carrots for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Transfer to large bowl along with edamame, tofu, green onions and sesame seeds. Toss with Peanut Dressing until well coated. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
For the Peanut Dressing
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whisk together peanut butter, hot water, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, salt and hot pepper flakes; whisk in olive oil.