- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/ 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/ 4 cup almond milk
- 1/ 4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
Add the cashews to a bowl and top with boiling water. Set aside to soak.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan. Add onions and garlic and cook on medium-low until onions start to brown slightly, about 5-10 minutes. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until cauliflower is fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
Drain cashews and transfer to food processor or blender with cauliflower mixture, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt. Process until completely smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Toss remaining olive oil on cooked pasta to prevent sticking. Pour sauce on top and stir to combine. Top with chopped parsley or crushed red pepper flakes.