- 1 pound raw pizza dough
- Egg wash (1 egg mixes with 1 tbsp water)
- 7 mozzarella sticks
- 1/ 4 cup melted butter
- 1/ 2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Marinara sauce, warmed (for serving)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces and set aside.
On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 2” squares (you’ll need 33 total).
Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching). Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, parmesan, garlic, and herbs. Brush on baked pizza balls. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.