- 1 14 ounce block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2 inch rectangles
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with foil.
In a bowl, whisk together red curry paste, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, maple syrup and water. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer the cornstarch mixture to a large, rimmed plate. Coat both sides of the tofu triangles in the cornstarch, shaking off any excess while making sure both sides are fully coated.
Bake the tofu on a lined sheet until crispy, about 15 minutes, flipping half way. Alternatively, heat a oil in a large non-stick skillet and pan-fry the tofu until crispy on both sides. Set aside.
In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the sauce ingredients and whisk until thickened. Add water as it starts to thicken until desired consistency is reached.
Pour the sauce over the tofu and serve with rice and vegetables.