- 1 (11 ounce) package tempeh
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/ 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/ 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 8-10 corn tortillas, warmed
- Red cabbage, optional, shredded for garnish
- Radish, optional, sliced for garnish
- Jalapeno, optional, sliced for garnish
Crumble the tempeh into a large bowl. Add chili powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and cumin along with water, and mix well. Add oil to a frying pan on medium high heat. Add tempeh mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For the pineapple, heat a grill pan (a normal frying pan will work also) to high heat. Add pineapple pieces and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Spoon the tempeh onto the tortillas along with pineapple and desired toppings.