- 3 cups walnuts
- 2/ 3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt, and more to taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast, optional
Soak sun-dried tomatoes with warm water. Set it aside and let it soak for at least 5 minutes.
Using a food processor, add walnuts and gently pulse into a meal but not too fine. Large chunks are fine. Set walnuts in another bowl.
After sun-dried tomatoes is drained, reserve some of the water in a small bowl (we can use it again!)
Add into the food processor walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes(sdt), garlic, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, nutritional yeast and water from soaked SDT. Blend until thick.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more water if too dry.
Enjoy with salad or tacos! Leftovers can be stored up to 5-7 days in the fridge.