- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, preferably close to the heart of the stalk, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/ 2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 3 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1/ 4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
In a large pot on medium heat, add diced vegetables along with the olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
Then add the broth and dry pasta. Bring the soup to a simmer and then allow it to cook for about 10 minutes. Add in cooked turkey and cook for about 5-7 minutes more. Test the orzo pasta for doneness before turning off the heat. Add in the lemon juice and fresh parsley. Stir to combine. Serve in soup bowls and enjoy!