- 1 (16 ounce block) firm tofu, drained and sliced into rectangles
- Cornstarch, to coat
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/ 8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
Lightly coat each piece of tofu in cornstarch and set aside.
Heat a frypan on medium-high heat and coat lightly with cooking oil (add more oil if using cornstarch method). Once hot, pop the tofu slices in and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy then flip and repeat on the other side.
Once the tofu has cooked on both sides, turn the heat down to low. Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, black pepper and green onions then pour into the pan. Toss the tofu and gently fry until it has absorbed all of the sauce. Turn off the heat.
Serve with rice and cucumber and/or greens of your choice. I also garnish using raw sesame seeds, which I first dry fry on a pan until golden and fragrant. Enjoy!!!