- 2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup basil, packed, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions, 1/2 cup pasta water reserved
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms on a large lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Toast pine nuts in a pan on stove over medium heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
In food processor combine red peppers, basil, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste, then add 1/4 cup olive oil slowly until fully combined.
Add pasta and pesto to sauté pan, over medium heat. Pour in the reserved pasta water and combine well until heated through.
Divide into bowls and top with roasted mushrooms, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and extra basil for garnish.