"Bahn Mai hot dogs. When childhood comforts meet grownup cravings."
Banh Mi Style Hot Dogs
A Note from Feedfeed
Prep time 1hr
Cook time 10mins
Serves or Makes: 4
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/ 2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, for garnish
- 3 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
Add sugar, vinegar and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add carrots and daikon and let sit at room temperature for about 30-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mayo and sriracha and set aside in fridge.
Grill hot dogs and add to buns. Top with pickled vegetables, sriracha mayo, cilantro, jalapeños and scallions. Enjoy!