- 11/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic raw cocoa powder
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12/3 cup unsweetened brown rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1 cup frozen red berries
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pinch of stevia
Mix batter. Bake waffles in the oven using a waffle mould at 350˚ F for about 15 mins on one side and then turned on the other side for 5-10 mins more (it depends on the oven), or cook in a waffle maker. Serve with homemade berry jam (recipe below) and greek yogurt.
Place berries into a pan with the lemon juice, & sprinkle of stevia. Cook on low heat until they appear cooked and at the end I added a tablespoon of chia seeds and cooked 5 more minutes.