For the Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/ 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream, (such as Bailey's)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/ 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
For the Blondies
Preheat the oven to 350˚F and butter a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper; leaving an overhang on each side to use as a handle to remove the cooked blondies.
Add the butter to a large microwave safe bowl and sprinkle the espresso powder on top. Melt butter in the microwave using 30 second intervals until completely melted.
Add dark brown sugar to melted butter and whisk until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and whisk, followed by Irish cream and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and fold together until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in half the chopped chocolate, then pour into the prepared baking dish. Smooth the batter into an even layer, then sprinkle with remaining chocolate and flaky sea salt. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown but the center is still quite soft.
Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
Homemade Irish Cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/ 2 cups heavy cream
Add all ingredients except heavy cream to a high speed blender and process for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Pour into a glass jar and gently stir in cream. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days. Makes about 4 cups.
If you do not have a high speed blender, whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl and store as directed above.