We used Cascadian Farm Organic Vanilla Chia Crunch Cereal to make these tasty cereal bars. We can't wait to enjoy them on our trip where we'll be visiting their Home Farm to learn more about how they are setting the gold standard in modern organic farming practices. With only 6 ingredients, you probably have most of what you need in your pantry to make these right now!
- 4 cups Cascadian Farms Vanilla Chia Crunch Cereal
- 1 cup all natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1/ 2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/ 2 cup dried cherries (or dried fruit of choice, optional)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Flaky salt, for garnish (optional)
Line a 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Add the almond butter, maple syrup and 2 tbsp of the coconut oil to a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Remove from heat.
Working quickly, add cereal and dried fruit (if using) to a large mixing bowl then pour the almond butter mixture over it. Stir until well combined, then press into the prepared pan.
Add the dark chocolate chips and remaining coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and cook into microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
Pour the chocolate over the cereal bars, then set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Once set, cut into 9 even squares and serve!