Kick off summer grilling season with these delicious grilled pizzas. Topped with a luscious basil pesto, sautéed mushrooms, and a generous drizzle of La Tourangelle Garlic Oil, these tasty pies are the ultimate warm weather dinner. Rev up the grill (or use a grill pan if you don’t have access to a grill), and get ready to knead! Invite over some friends because tonight is pizza night!
Find other recipes using La Tourangelle Artisan Oils here!
For the Dough:
- 1 1/ 4 cups water, or light beer (one 12 ounce bottle or can), warmed slightly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons kosher salt
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 1/ 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/ 2 cup La Tourangelle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/ 4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
For the Mushrooms:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, mixed, sliced (about 4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, To taste
- Canola oil spray
- 8 ounces fresh burrata, torn
- La Tourangelle Garlic Oil, for drizzling
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Flaked sea salt
- Black pepper
To Make the Dough:
Set oven to 200˚F. In a very large heat-safe bowl, mix beer, honey, and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes until yeast has bloomed. Add flour, La Tourangelle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and salt, and mix with a wooden spoon, then knead by hand. Add another spoonful of beer if the dough is too rough. Once oven reaches 200˚ F, turn it off, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in oven for approximately 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
Meanwhile, make the pesto:
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until thick and creamy. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Yields about 1 cup.
To Make the Mushrooms:
In a medium skillet over medium high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Season to taste and set aside.
To Prepare the Pizzas:
Once dough has doubled, punch down and lightly flour your work surface. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or flour a pizza peel. In the time it has risen it should change from that craggy rough ball to something very loose, soft, sticky and stretchy. Scrape dough onto floured surface. Flour the top of the dough, and divide dough in equal quarters (about 9 ounces each). Form them into ball-like shapes. Grab first round with floured hands and let the loose, soft dough stretch and fall away from your hands a few times before landing the dough on your prepared baking sheet/peel. Use floured fingers to press and nudge dough into a roughly round or rectangular shape. Repeat with remaining dough.
Heat grill and brush grates with oil. Lay the first dough down and let cook for 3 minutes. Brush oil on the top side of the dough before using tongs to flip. Spread with ¼ cup pesto and ½ cup sauteed mushrooms. Top with 2 ounces freshly torn burrata. Repeat with remaining dough and remaining toppings. Garnish with La Tourangelle Garlic Oil, red pepper flakes, flaky salt, black pepper, and fresh basil. Serve immediately.