This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
A delicious weeknight favorite, this easy creamy Chickpea and Cauliflower Turmeric Curry is ready in no time. Loaded with ground spices and highlighting the flavor of Simply Organic Ground Turmeric, this dish is incredibly flavorful and delicious! Not only is this is a great way to incorporate vegetables and plant protein in your diet, but it's the perfect dish to always keep in your back pocket!
Bonus tip: This recipe packs a curcumin kick thanks to Simply Organic Ground Turmeric.
To see more recipes using Simply Organic Spices, click here!
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Simply Organic Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Ground Coriander
- 4 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 (13.6 ounce) cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
Add garlic, onion and ginger to a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
In a large, heavy bottomed pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add bay leaves. Sauté for 15 seconds. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté until lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add turmeric, cayenne, coriander, ground cumin and black pepper and saute for about 3 minutes then add crushed tomatoes and stir to mix well.
Simmer over medium heat until the oil separates, and the paste is brown, about 5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
Reduce heat to low and add cauliflower, coconut milk and kosher salt. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chickpeas and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Mix everything to incorporate well.
Remove from heat and add lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Serve with steamed rice.