A fresh basil cucumber gazpacho is perfect for a light dinner as we ease into summer. Add one red chili pepper or one teaspoon of red chili flakes for some extra heat! It's the perfect contrast to a cold gazpacho.
This recipe is featured in our free weekly meal plan. This edition is sponsored by our friends at Filippo Berio Olive Oil and features a wide range of recipes all made with heart-healthy and flavorful olive oil!
- 2 medium English cucumbers, lightly peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus more for garnishing
- 3 ounces fresh arugula, more for garnish
- 1/ 2 ripe avocado, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/ 4 cup Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt, as needed
- fresh cracked black pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- 1 red chile, sliced, optional, for garnish
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients (except the reserved arugula and basil leaves for garnish), 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 cup water and blend until smooth. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
If the mixture is too thick, thin with cold water to your desired consistency. Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and vegan sour cream. Garnish with the reserved arugula leaves, cucumber, basil, and minced chili peppers.