For the Chicken Patties:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon paste, optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Cauliflower Mash:
- 1/ 2 cup head cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/ 2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of nutmeg
Make the Chicken Patties
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground chicken, sour cream, rosemary, kosher salt, cayenne powder, garlic paste, and lemon zest. Mix in preserved lemon paste and chives.
Divide into 4 patties. Heat oil skillet over medium heat. Sear each patty for 5 - 8 minutes per side.
Make the Cauliflower
Add cauliflower to a large pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt to the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until soft and tender.
Place cooked cauliflower into a food processor with butter, heavy cream, parmesan, and nutmeg. Puree until creamy. Pass the mixture through a sieve for an even smoother texture.