This pasta dish is an umami bomb of flavor with it's addition of miso, tamari, and mushrooms. This recipe includes 1 cup of @lazycatkitchen's pulled jackfruit ,which we highly recommend (linked below), but the sauce and pasta recipe is here for you all to follow!
For the Umami Sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, minced
For the Pasta
- 1 pound gluten free elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/ 2 onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/ 2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup pulled jackfruit (recipe linked above)
- Handful of arugula and spinach
- 1/ 4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/ 2 cup pasta water
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve pasta water Drain pasta and set aside.
Over medium heat, sauté onions, mushrooms, mushrooms in olive oil until caramelized. Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
Add pasta, jack fruit, greens and peas and stir to combine. Add the sauce and season to taste.
If needed adjust the consistency with reserved pasta water. Finish with vegan parmesan cheese and enjoy!