Spicy chili oil peanut butter noodles
- 12 ounces cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3 stalks of green onion (tops and bottom separated)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon plus more as needed soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- optional sriracha
Set oil in a pot to warm on the stove. When you place the back of a wooden spoon in & it sizzles, it's ready to use.
Add shallot, basil, green onion (bottoms), chives, sesame seeds, paprika, and red pepper flakes to a pot.
Carefully pour over hot oil, and give a little stir to agitate.
Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and peanut butter. Taste, add salt and pepper as desired.
Toss in cooked noodles (I used hearts of palm linguine)
add sriracha if you like a little extra kick, and apple cider vinegar. Toss again.
Serve topped with the tops of the sliced green onion, extra sesame seeds, a drizzle of sesame oil, and chopped peanuts.