- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 1/ 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/ 2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/ 2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/ 4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, To Taste
Place peas in a steam basket and rinse under cold water. Fill the bottom of a pot with about 1-2 inches of water or just below the peas. Place lid on pot and boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Rinse and drain cooked lentils until the water runs clear. Add peas, lentils, carrot, onion, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add salt to taste.
Serve immediately or transfer salad into an airtight container in the fridge. Salad will last up to 3-4 days.