This is a creamy tomato red pepper soup garnished with @hungryroot savory rosemary baked pulse. It's the most addictive snack (and super healthy too). -@rainbowplantlife
Creamy Tomato Red Pepper Soup
Recipe Intro From rainbowplantlife
The creamy tomato and red pepper soup is toped with savory rosemary baked lentils - a creative and health-packed way to take your tomato soup to the next level!
This recipe is featured in our Vegan Weekly Meal Planner here!
1 red onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds tomatoes of choice, sliced in half
1 12 ounce jar of roasted red bell peppers
3 tablespoons tomato paste
Fresh thyme sprigs
48 ounces vegetable stock
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnishes: dried chickpeas, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, and cashew sour cream
1. Heat a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to become translucent. Add the carrot and a generous pinch of salt and cook 5-7 minutes until veggies are softened.
2. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, roasted peppers, tomato paste, thyme sprigs, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have cooked down a bit and smell fragrant, approximately 10-12 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock and additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs.
5. Working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and purée. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to purée the soup.
6. Top soup with desired garnishes.