Thanksgiving Wild Rice
Prep time 20mins
Cook time 50mins
Serves or Makes: 6
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/ 2 cups wild rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/ 2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/ 2 cup chopped pecans
In a stock pot over medium heat, bring broth and white wine to a simmer. Add wild rice. Reduce heat to low and cook rice until tender, about 30 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add apples, celery, and scallions. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the herbs and nutmeg to the pan, cooking until tender.
Remove rice from heat. Stir in the apple, celery and herb mixture. Stir in the dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve warm topped with additional fresh sage.