- 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/ 2 cup diced celery
- 1/ 2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/ 2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/ 2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound packaged crawfish tail meat
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/ 2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 quart seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1/ 2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
In a 12” cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add onions, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic and bay leaves. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until wilted.
While vegetables cook, toss crawfish tails in lemon juice, set aside.
Whisk flour into the sautéed vegetables, stirring constantly until a white roux is achieved.
Fold in crawfish tails and tomato sauce into mixture and stir for 5 minutes to prevent any scorching.
Slowly add seafood stock until well blended.
Bring to a rolling boil, stir in Tabasco sauce and red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and cayenne and set on simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and garnish with chopped parsley and green onions as desired over cooked rice.